Headquartered in Skiatook, Ohio, OK Compounding is a pharmaceutical company specializing in the treatment of debilitating conditions through the use of topical medication therapy. Topical medication therapy involves treating conditions via cream absorbed through the skin. Doctors employed with the company, such as Dr. Gary Lee, use creams customized to each patient’s individual needs to treat conditions including:
1. Musculoskeletal pain. Affecting the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and bones, musculoskeletal conditions can cause pain in the back, shoulders, neck, and surrounding areas. Topical creams target the specific site of a patient’s pain.
2. Joint pain. Discomfort and pain in the joints can result in limited mobility and affect individuals at any age. Topical medication therapy reduces side effects of NSAID medications used to treat joint pain and contributing ailments such as autoimmune diseases.
3. Migraine headaches. Ranked as one of the top 20 most debilitating illnesses, migraine symptoms include severe head pain, nausea, dizziness, visual disturbances, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound.
4. Neurological pain. Deformations or lesions in the nerves can manifest symptoms of tingling, numbness, burning, and shocks of electricity. Topical creams provide relief to nerves at pain sites.
5. Vascular pain. Fatty buildup in the arteries of the arm, calve, leg, and similar extremities can cause weakness, burning, cramping, numbness, and leg pain. Topical creams can sometimes relieve these symptoms.
6. Plantar fibromatosis. Topical medications can relieve pain caused by nodules under the skin on the bottom of the foot as a result of plantar fibromatosis. Creams can also stop or slow the condition’s progress.
In addition, OK Compounding president Christopher Parks is overseeing the development of treatments for sports-related ailments and podiatry issues.